Security & Privacy Researcher in Dresden
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen-Institut is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. You want to help us, building a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected? We are always looking for talented people to join our team.
We expect the following:
- Above-average MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Computer Science with special focus on IT-security & privacy) from renowned universities.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of IT-security and privacy-enhancing technologies with special focus on Internet of Things, Cloud Computing (especially Edge Clouds) and 5G.
- Prior experience regarding theoretical analysis of privacy properties as well as formal security proofs would be highly appreciated.
- Knowledge or even research experience in the field of privacy-respecting artificial intelligence / big data processing will be very valuable
- A candidate with prior research experience in designing and developing solutions in the field of IT-security and privacy enhancing technologies will be preferred.
You will join a team of enthusiastic scientists who creatively pursue our research agenda. Your responsibilities will include
- Design and development of tailored security and privacy solutions for specific use-cases and application domains
- Creation of more general frameworks and models for enabling security and privacy in the domain of Internet of Things
- Analysis and evaluation of existing security and privacy solutions
- Participation in writing project proposals, project management and creating project deliverables
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master or PhD thesis.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome
- Complete applications should be submitted by e-mail as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Please refer to ITsax.de in your applicationLink to the job advertisement on the website of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
Publication date: 25-10-2019