Security & Privacy Researcher (m/f/d)
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods. At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Security & Privacy Researcher (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of tailored security and privacy solutions for specific use-cases and application domains
- Creation of more general frameworks and models for enabling security and privacy in the domain of Internet of Things
- Analysis and evaluation of existing security and privacy solutions
- Participation in writing project proposals, project management and creating project deliverables
- Engagement in Science Communication, e.g. in supporting our Open Lab
We expect the following:
- Above-average MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Computer Science with special focus on IT-security & privacy) from renowned universities.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Excellent and broad knowledge in the fields of IT-security and privacy-enhancing technologies with special focus on Internet of Things, Cloud Computing (especially Edge Clouds) and 5G.
- Special knowledge in at least one of the following domains:
- statistics and stochastics
- privacy enhancing technologies
- economics of security & privacy
- usability aspects of security & privacy
- formal proofs and verification
- security & privacy in and by machine learning
- measuring & evaluating security and privacy e.g. by means like differential privacy
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account.
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master or PhD thesis.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome
- Complete applications should be submitted by e-mail as a single PDF document to email@example.com. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Please refer to ITsax.de in your application
Publication date: 08-06-2021