Digital Layout Engineer (m/f/d)
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institut performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Digital Layout Engineer (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities will include
- Layout design and floorplanning of digital IC designs including memory macros and custom logic implementations
- Full layout and physical verification (DRC, LVS, ERC)
- Timing analysis and power optimization
- Support the RTL-to-GDSII design flow in advanced process nodes, e.g. 22nm FDSOI
- Custom layout for analog blocks (training will be provided)
We expect the following
- MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical/Computer Engineering) from renowned universities
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills
- Prior experience with EDA tools for IC design, e.g. from Cadence or Synopsys
What we provide
- Training and exposure to chip tape-outs in advanced process nodes
- Experience in full development cycles of custom IC
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
This position is ideal for gaining serious exposure to IC development cycles and it can be a key enabler for ambitions to work in Custom/Digital IC industry.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognized family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate. Applications from women are particularly welcome. We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
Please refer to ITsax.de in your application
Publication date: 05-10-2021