IT Support Engineer in Dresden (m/f/d)
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Scionics is seeking a fulltime IT Support Engineer to strengthen our service team in Dresden, Germany.
The IT Support Engineer will join our service team that provides IT support at our client sites, as well as remotely, and handles issues from desktop support all the way through to system administration and storage management.The IT Support Engineer's role in the team is to provide the first point of contact to the customer, troubleshoot technical problems, and solve these problems with the assistance of the rest of the team. The role involves daily tasks related to the Apple, Windows, and Linux computers of our clients as well as basic support for network access, storage access, and other issues that arise.
In order to grow the service team, and as the IT landscape that Scionics supports is diverse, we're looking for a wide range of skills and will consider applicants with diverse IT backgrounds in either support or system administration. As our customers are international, the team provides support in both German and English.
- 1st and 2nd level support as part of a team to support Apple, Windows, and Linux clients
- User support in person, phone, and remote
- Tracking support requests in a ticketing system
- Provide consultation for new hardware purchases
- Installation of new computers and initial configuration of software and networking
- Escalation of incidents as needed to the rest of the support team
- Maintain technical documentation both customer and service staff facing
- Suggest improvements on processes and procedures
- Completed IT oriented education or have an applicable degree or comparable professional experience
- Experience with helping customers in the user helpdesk / system administration area
- Good knowledge of client operating systems, Windows, Mac, or Linux (expertise in all of them is not expected)
- Experience with a ticketing system
- Ability to support customers in English and German
- Enjoy interacting with customers and ability to work in a team
- Basic knowledge (or higher) with networking and / or network storage
- Ability to perform system administration tasks – setting up of new servers, installing network-based services such as storage or authentication
- Desire to take advantage of provided training for career development – Scionics is happy to grow the experience base of our service team members
About the Company
Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH provides consulting, services, and support to academic institutions and scientific research organizations. Scionics integrates information technology with biology and the life sciences and helps bridge the communication gap between IT and research. Scionics is part of the dynamic and international Biopolis Dresden research campus that includes a range of life science companies and academic research institutions.
- Contract: Scionics offers favorable contract conditions and salary based on experience – with regular performance reviews and corresponding increases in salary. Scionics has an excellent record of employee retention.
- Equipment: Scionics will provide a laptop and mobile phone for the employee's use. Any equipment needed for the job will be provided.
- Training: Scionics provides funding for yearly training and courses flexibly chosen by the employee.
- Corporate culture: Scionics is an SME with strong ties to academia. If you work here, you will meet a lot of international people (~50% of your colleagues would be non-German) and get a good opportunity to broaden your horizons not only culturally but also with regard to modern science. The work environment in Scionics is informal.
- Location: Scionics is headquartered in Dresden, a beautiful but still affordable city. The Scionics offices are located close to the river Elbe, with residential areas within walking distance.
- Company stability: Scionics is a stable company with over 20 years of experience providing IT for scientific customers.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV, cover letter and any relevant documents to: ITsupportjob@scionics.com with the subject “IT Support Engineer in Dresden”.
This Job resp. positions as 'IT Support Engineer' is vacant in following addresses: 01309 Dresden in Sachsen.
Brief profile of Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH
Die Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH bietet IT-Lösungen für die internationale wissenschaftliche Forschungsgemeinschaft. Die Scionics GmbH, mit Sitz in Dresden, Deutschland, wurde im Jahr 2000 gegründet und verfügt über 20 Jahre an Expertise im Bereich innovativer Software und Dienstleistungen. Scionics ist ein Privatunternehmen und beschäftigt 32 Mitarbeiter mit vielfältigen Fähigkeiten und umfassender Erfahrung in Desktop- und Serversystem-Administration, Bildanalyse, Hochleistungsrechnen, Bioinformatik und Softwareentwicklung.
Suchen Sie eine Beschäftigung in einem kollegialen, internationalen und innovativen Unternehmen?
Indem Sie bei uns arbeiten, werden Sie sowohl Ihre Erfahrungen und Kenntnisse einsetzen und teilen können als auch umfangreiches, neues Wissen hinzugewinnen.
Unser Arbeitsumfeld ist von einer spannenden Mischung aus unternehmerischer und wissenschaftlicher Kultur geprägt und bietet eine Vielzahl interessanter Aufgaben und Projekte, Zugang zu hochwertiger Hardware sowie flexible Arbeitszeiten.
Spheres of competence
IT Support Engineer in Bioinformatics Industry (m/f/d)
4 days ago
Windows Support Specialist in Bioinformatics Industry (m/f/d)
12 days ago
Windows IT Support Specialist in Bioinformatik-Branche (m/w/d)
12 days ago
IT Support Engineer in Bioinformatik-Branche (m/w/d)
4 days ago
IT Support Engineer in Dresden (m/w/d)
4 days ago
Please refer to ITsax.de in your applicationLink to the job advertisement on the website of Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH
Publication date: 28-03-2023