Windows Support Specialist (m/f/d) in Bioinformatics Industry
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Scionics is seeking a fulltime Windows Support Specialist to strengthen our service team in Dresden, Germany.
The Windows IT Support Specialist will join our service team that provides IT support at our client sites, as well as remotely, and will primarily handle desktop support issues.
The Windows IT Support Specialist's role in the team is to provide the first point of contact to the customer, troubleshoot technical problems, and solve these problems with the assistance of the rest of the team. The role involves daily tasks related to supporting primarily Windows computers, with occasional basic support of Mac clients.
We will consider applicants with diverse IT backgrounds in either support or system administration. As our customers are international, the team provides support primarily in English, with German language abilities a definite plus
- 1st level support as part of a team to primarily support Windows clients
- Occasional 1st level support of Mac clients
- User support in person, phone, and remote
- Tracking support requests in a ticketing system
- Provide consultation for new desktop hardware purchases
- Installation of new computers and initial configuration of software and networking
- Escalation of incidents as needed to the rest of the support team
- Maintain technical documentation, both customers and staff
- Suggest improvements on processes and procedures
- Completed IT oriented education or have an applicable degree or comparable professional experience
- Experience with helping customers in the user helpdesk / system administration area
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Experience with a ticketing system
- Ability to support customers in English, with German a plus
- Enjoy interacting with customers and ability to work in a team
- Basic knowledge of Mac and/or Linux client administration
- Experience administering Microsoft 365 and Active Directory accounts
- Desire to take advantage of provided training for career development – Scionics is happy to grow the experience base of our service team members
About the Company
Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH provides consulting, services, and support to academic institutions and scientific research organizations. Scionics integrates information technology with biology and the life sciences and helps bridge the communication gap between IT and research. Scionics is part of the dynamic and international Biopolis Dresden research campus that includes a range of life science companies and academic research institutions.
- Contract: Scionics offers favorable contract conditions and salary based on experience – with regular performance reviews and corresponding increases in salary. Scionics has an excellent record of employee retention.
- Equipment: Any equipment needed for the job will be provided.
- Training: Scionics provides funding for yearly training and courses flexibly chosen by the employee.
- Corporate culture: Scionics is an SME with strong ties to academia. If you work here, you will meet a lot of international people (~50% of your colleagues would be non-German) and get a good opportunity to broaden your horizons not only culturally but also with regard to modern science. The work environment in Scionics is informal.
- Location: Scionics is headquartered in Dresden, a beautiful but still affordable city. The Scionics offices are located close to the river Elbe, with residential areas within walking distance.
- Company stability: Scionics is a stable company with over 20 years of experience providing IT for scientific customers.
This Job resp. positions as 'Windows Support Specialist (m/f/d) in Bioinformatics Industry' is vacant in following addresses: 01309 Dresden in Sachsen.
Brief profile of Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH
Die Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH bietet IT-Lösungen für die internationale wissenschaftliche Forschungsgemeinschaft. Die Scionics GmbH, mit Sitz in Dresden, Deutschland, wurde im Jahr 2000 gegründet und verfügt über 20 Jahre an Expertise im Bereich innovativer Software und Dienstleistungen. Scionics ist ein Privatunternehmen und beschäftigt 32 Mitarbeiter mit vielfältigen Fähigkeiten und umfassender Erfahrung in Desktop- und Serversystem-Administration, Bildanalyse, Hochleistungsrechnen, Bioinformatik und Softwareentwicklung.
Suchen Sie eine Beschäftigung in einem kollegialen, internationalen und innovativen Unternehmen?
Indem Sie bei uns arbeiten, werden Sie sowohl Ihre Erfahrungen und Kenntnisse einsetzen und teilen können als auch umfangreiches, neues Wissen hinzugewinnen.
Unser Arbeitsumfeld ist von einer spannenden Mischung aus unternehmerischer und wissenschaftlicher Kultur geprägt und bietet eine Vielzahl interessanter Aufgaben und Projekte, Zugang zu hochwertiger Hardware sowie flexible Arbeitszeiten.
Spheres of competence
3 days ago
9 days ago
9 days ago
3 days ago
3 days ago
Please refer to ITsax.de in your application
Publication date: 28-11-2022