Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Currently, we are looking to expand our service team in Dresden, Germany and are seeking a part-time to full-time Windows Support Specialist (m/f/d), hybrid work is possible.
The Windows IT Support Specialist will join our service team that provides IT support at our client sites, as well as remotely, and will primarily handle desktop support issues.
The Windows IT Support Specialist's role in the team is to provide the first point of contact to the customer, troubleshoot technical problems, and solve these problems with the assistance of the rest of the team. The role involves daily tasks related to supporting primarily Windows computers, with occasional basic support of Mac clients.
We will consider applicants with diverse IT backgrounds in either support or system administration. As our customers are international, the team provides support primarily in English, with German language abilities a definite plus
- 1st level support as part of a team to primarily support Windows clients
- Occasional 1st level support of Mac clients
- User support in person, phone, and remote
- Tracking support requests in a ticketing system
- Provide consultation for new desktop hardware purchases
- Installation of new computers and initial configuration of software and networking
- Escalation of incidents as needed to the rest of the support team
- Maintain technical documentation, both customers and staff
- Suggest improvements on processes and procedures
- Completed IT oriented education or have an applicable degree or comparable professional experience
- Experience with helping customers in the user helpdesk / system administration area
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Experience with a ticketing system
- Ability to support customers in English, with German a plus
- Enjoy interacting with customers and ability to work in a team
- Desire to take advantage of provided training for career development – Scionics is happy to grow the experience base of our service team members
About the Company
Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH excels in offering cutting-edge consulting, services, and support tailored to academic institutions and scientific research organizations. We specialize in seamlessly integrating information technology with biology and the life sciences, serving as a vital conduit between IT and research. As a prominent member of the vibrant and globally connected Biopolis Dresden research campus, we actively collaborate with diverse life science companies and esteemed academic research institutions.
- Contract: Scionics offers favorable contract conditions and salary based on experience – with regular performance reviews and corresponding increases in salary. Scionics has an excellent record of employee retention.
- Equipment: Any equipment needed for the job will be provided.
- Training: Scionics provides funding for yearly training and courses flexibly chosen by the employee.
- Corporate culture: Scionics is an SME with strong ties to academia. If you work here, you will meet a lot of international people (~50% of your colleagues would be non-German) and get a good opportunity to broaden your horizons not only culturally but also with regard to modern science. The work environment in Scionics is informal.
- Location: Scionics is headquartered in Dresden, a beautiful but still affordable city. The Scionics offices are located close to the river Elbe, with residential areas within walking distance.
- Company stability: Scionics is a stable company with over 20 years of experience providing IT for scientific customers.
Short profile of Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH
Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH provides computing solutions to the international scientific research community. Founded in 2000 and based in Dresden, Germany, Scionics has over 20 years of experience providing cutting-edge software and services. A privately owned company, Scionics currently employs 32 professionals with diverse skills and extensive experience in desktop and server system administration, image analysis, high-performance computing, bioinformatics, and software development.
Neben den guten Möglichkeiten zur Mitarbeitergewinnung und zum Netzwerken in Empfehlungsbund.de ist die Betreuung im Empfehlungsbund einfach toll und macht Freude!