Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Note: Please apply exclusively via our direct application link hosted by Empfehlungsbund and ITsax.de: https://en.itsax.de/jobs/241161/associate-slash-senior-researcher-rf-circuits-and-systems-m-slash-f-slash-d-in-dresden. We are looking forward to meet you!
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The RF Design Enablement group researches and develops dependable IoT systems with focus on three key research topics such as joint radar-communication system, antenna-system design with meta-surface and physical layer security. We focus our research on designing building blocks, while identifying critical hardware parameters for next-generation hardware systems and applications.
At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Associate / Senior Researcher – RF Circuits & Systems (m/f/d)
The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years and will be remunerated in line with TV-L E-13. The position aims at supporting career growth of PhDs and further academic qualification (e.g. PhD) for MS graduate with some years of experience.
Your responsibilities will include
- Comparison and optimization of hardware system architectures for Joint (integrated) communication and sensing applications,
- Complete transceiver chain simulations for different use-cases and validation of specific use-cases in Lab environment,
- Component and system measurement with mmWave equipment (e.g. VNA, spectrum analyzers, signal sources etc.),
- Design and implement system-on-package for the above applications at different cmWave and mmWave frequencies.
We expect the following
- Above-average Diploma/MSc or PhD (preferred) degrees in areas related to our research focus (Electrical/Electronic Engineering) from renowned universities,
- Good communication and writing skills in English,
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills,
- Strong technical knowledge about how RF/analog circuits and components work,
- Prior experience with electrical-design-automation (EDA) tools (e.g. AWR /ADS/HFSS) and packaging software (e.g. Altium, KiCAD, Eagle),
- Prior experience with RF laboratory equipment,
- Prior package design experience,
- Basic knowledge of wireless communications theory.
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That ‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, and relevant university transcript with details of courses and grades, short summary of Master/PhD thesis
- Barkhausen Institute strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Please reference “Research Associate – RF Circuits & Systems” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Short profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen Institute is an independent research institute in Dresden, which works closely with the Technical University of Dresden and focuses on the core fields of the Internet of Things (IoT). The institute conducts application-oriented basic research with a time horizon of 5 to 10 years before market launch. As an innovation centre for IoT technologies, it is the contact for local and global industry.
In addition, the Barkhausen Institut attaches particular importance to the communication of research results and research methods. The discourse with the public about technological developments is part of the everyday work of all researchers.