Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Note: Please apply exclusively via our direct application link hosted by Empfehlungsbund and ITsax.de: https://en.itsax.de/jobs/243547/network-and-system-administrator-m-strich-f-strich-d-in-dresden. We are looking forward to meet you!
Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH excels in offering cutting-edge consulting, services, and support tailored to academic institutions and scientific research organizations. We specialize in seamlessly integrating information technology with biology and the life sciences, serving as a vital conduit between IT and research. As a prominent member of the vibrant and globally connected Biopolis Dresden research campus, we actively collaborate with diverse life science companies and esteemed academic research institutions.
Currently, we are looking to expand our service team in Dresden, Germany, and are seeking a skilled Network and System Administrator (m/f/d) to join us on a full-time basis and onsite.
The Network and System Administrator will join our dedicated service team, providing essential IT support. Our team specializes in delivering reliable assistance and services in networking, security, storage, and Linux-based infrastructure.
In collaboration with colleagues, the Network and System Administrator will have the opportunity to contribute to various tasks based on their background and skill level. These include designing and configuring networks, implementing firewall and security solutions, working with scale-out storage, and offering support in virtualized environments (VMWare and Docker). Additionally, responsibilities encompass archiving and backup, identity management (IdM), and automated configuration and update management (Ansible).
Considering the diverse skill set within our team, we welcome applicants from different IT backgrounds in system and network administration. It's not expected that candidates already have experience with all the listed technologies or be responsible for all of them upon hiring.
Due to our clientele being multinational, we provide support in both English and German.Your Responsibilities
The team handles a diverse set of technologies, and candidates will be expected to contribute to the following tasks, depending on skills and experience.
- Design, implement, and support networking solutions, primarily with HP / Aruba technology
- Support and implement monitoring and security solutions such as firewalls and intrusion detection
- Support and implement general Linux based infrastructure services as part of a team
- Support Linux-based scale-out storage
- Support virtualization services such as VMWare and Docker
- Suggest improvements on processes and procedures
- Work closely with the scientists to help design systems and structures to meet their research needs
Training and support will be available to help the candidate expand their skill set and learn more about the technology areas they are interested in.
- A university or equivalent degree in an IT related or scientific discipline – or a good explanation why the career path you've chosen
- A university or equivalent degree in an IT related or scientific discipline – or a good explanation why the career path you've chosen gives you equivalent skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in networking and / or IT security
- At least basic experience in Linux system administration
- Must be living in or willing to relocate to Germany. Open-mindedness and a desire to experience other cultures is a definite bonus as our environment is heavily international.
- Must be fluent in German and English and have excellent communication skills both verbal and written Knowledge of German is welcome but not required.
- Ability to work in a team
- Desire to take advantage of provided training for career development – Scionics is happy to grow the experience base of our service team members
- Contract: Scionics offers favorable contract conditions and salary based on experience – with regular performance reviews and corresponding increases in salary. Scionics has an excellent record of employee retention.
- Equipment: Any equipment needed for the job will be provided.
- Training: Scionics provides funding for yearly training and courses flexibly chosen by the employee.
- Corporate culture: Scionics is an SME with strong ties to academia. If you work here, you will meet a lot of international people (~50% of your colleagues would be non-German) and get a good opportunity to broaden your horizons not only culturally but also with regard to modern science. The work environment in Scionics is informal.
- Location: Scionics is headquartered in Dresden, a beautiful but still affordable city. The Scionics offices are located close to the river Elbe, with residential areas within walking distance.
- Company stability: Scionics is a stable company with over 20 years of experience providing IT for scientific customers.
Short profile of Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH
Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH provides computing solutions to the international scientific research community. Founded in 2000 and based in Dresden, Germany, Scionics has over 20 years of experience providing cutting-edge software and services. A privately owned company, Scionics currently employs 32 professionals with diverse skills and extensive experience in desktop and server system administration, image analysis, high-performance computing, bioinformatics, and software development.
Neben den guten Möglichkeiten zur Mitarbeitergewinnung und zum Netzwerken in Silicon Saxony Jobboard ist die Betreuung im Empfehlungsbund einfach toll und macht Freude!