Research Associate: Joint Communications and Radar Sensing (m/f/d) in Dresden
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institut performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The Wireless Connectivity group is developing a secure and dependable architecture for the Internet of Things (IoT) using Joint Communications and Radar Sensing.
At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Research Associate for Joint Communications and Radar Sensing (m/f/d)
to creatively pursue our research agenda. Besides sharing your unique ideas, you will work at investigating new signal processing techniques and medium access control protocols for both communications and radar applications, by means of hardware demonstrations, computer simulations and theoretical work demonstrations.
- development of hardware demonstrators for joint communications and RF sensing
- evaluation and design of physical-layer schemes and signal processing techniques for both communications and radar
- participation in writing research publications and project deliverables
- MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical/Computer Engineering)
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Experience in the development of experimental communications and/or radar testbeds
- Familiarity with lab measurement equipment
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python and C++
- Knowledge of wireless communications theory
- Basic understanding of RF transceiver building blocks
- Knowledge of signal processing for radar and/or communications
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master/PhD thesis.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome. Complete applications should be submitted by e-mail as a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please reference “RA JC&R” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
- The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
This Job resp. positions as 'Research Associate: Joint Communications and Radar Sensing (m/f/d)' is vacant in following addresses: 01187 Dresden in Sachsen.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
8 days ago
13 days ago
13 days ago
9 days ago
9 days ago
Please refer to ITsax.de in your application
Publication date: 23-11-2022