Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Note: Please apply exclusively via our direct application link hosted by Empfehlungsbund and ITsax.de: https://en.itsax.de/jobs/177445/research-associate-trusted-execution-environments-m-slash-f-slash-d-in-dresden. We are looking forward to meet you!
The Barkhausen Institut performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow’s society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The Barkhausen Institut group Composable Operating Systems is developing remote attestation solutions and trusted execution environments to advance the security of connected systems.
At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Research Associate (PhD or Postdoc) “Trusted Execution Environments” (m/f/d)
The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years and will be remunerated in accordance with the public remuneration level TV-L E-13.
Your responsibilities will include
- Besides contributing your unique ideas, you will work at the level of operating system components and cryptographic protocols to support us in our vision of building secure and efficient platforms:
- Design and implementation of system-level software for trusted execution
- Interaction with hardware design regarding attestation and root-of-trust
- System design using microkernel principles
- Development of use cases and IoT demonstrators
- Participation in writing research publications and project deliverables
- Engagement in Science Communication: In cooperation with our OpenLab team, you will participate in activities that aim to explain research results in dialog with society.
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Computer Science) from renowned universities.
- Knowledge in the following domains:
- Good programming skills in C/C++ and/or Rust
- Good knowledge of operating systems and secure systems concepts
- Good knowledge of cryptographic primitives and remote attestation
- Knowledge of microkernel-based system design principles
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Influential work on upcoming technologies
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas to soar
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Your application should include: motivation letter explaining your decision to apply at the institute, CV, copy of university degree and PhD certificate, short summary of doctoral thesis, list of publications. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Research Associate TEE OS” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Short profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen Institute is an independent research institute in Dresden, which works closely with the Technical University of Dresden and focuses on the core fields of the Internet of Things (IoT). The institute conducts application-oriented basic research with a time horizon of 5 to 10 years before market launch. As an innovation centre for IoT technologies, it is the contact for local and global industry.
In addition, the Barkhausen Institut attaches particular importance to the communication of research results and research methods. The discourse with the public about technological developments is part of the everyday work of all researchers.