Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
B&W Handelsgesellschaft mbH is a European-wide online specialist retailer for electronic accessories, spare parts and consumables for electronic devices. We import high-quality, compatible product solutions and develop and produce our own innovative products under our own brand. Sticking to our motto "Quality with passion", we have established ourselves as a young, committed and dynamic team with over 100 colleagues on marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon, as well as with our online shop Electropapa.com. Over 2 million customers in 86 different countries and over 10 million positive customer reviews in the last 15 years speaks for itself.
What are we looking for?
DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer, IT Infrastructure Enthusiast, IT Rockstar
There are many job titles when it comes to the role of designing IT infrastructure, implementing our software landscape in the Cloud, and automated monitoring of cron jobs and web applications. No matter which title you identify with, in this role you will independently run internally developed software and open source modules for us in agile projects in a cross-functional way and with an array of technical details in the Telekom Cloud or our Kubernetes cluster. Our DevOps stack (GitLab | Apache Tomcat / NGINX | MySQL / Postgres / Elasticsearch| Redis / Apache Kafka | Linux / Windows Server | Docker / Telekom Cloud / On-Prem Kubernetes Cluster | Grafana / Nagios) is not set in stone and you will have the opportunity to change and adapt this.
What will your tasks entail?
- Migration of our internally developed sales tools to the Cloud (our sales tools support the sales team in the publication of offers, competitive analysis and with further functions regarding marketplace optimisation (MPO) on Amazon and Ebay)
- Configuration and monitoring of cron jobs running in our Kubernetes | Telekom Cloud environment, performing partial data updates in over 1 million listings for price, pictures, stock quantity & descriptions
- Incorporation of Cloud-native technology, such as microservices, message queues, UI applications and object storage to help us deliver high-performance, more reliable software
- Use of CI / CD pipelines to support our Java / PHP developers in delivering changes promptly and reliably
- Establishment of a test environment for our software projects
What can you contribute?
- Professional experience in the development and operation of highly available web applications
- Sound, practical knowledge of Cloud technologies or DevOps tools
- Passion for modern technologies
- You have an independent, structured and committed way of working
- A plus, not a must: professional experience in software development (Java / PHP)
What can we offer you?
- Modern technology stack, agile software development and the power to expand our tech stack
- Individual training from external and internal senior developers as well as e-commerce professionals
- Creative working environment and freedom to express and experiment with your own ideas
- Flat hierarchies in a young company with flexible working hours in the office or remotely
- The opportunity to positively impact the overall success of our projects with your contributions
Short profile of B&W Handelsgesellschaft mbH
We are a European-wide online specialist retailer for electronic accessories, spare parts and consumables for electronic devices. We import high-quality, compatible product solutions and develop and produce our own innovative products under our own brand.
Our products and spare parts provide a cost-effective alternative to the often inflated prices demanded by branded manufacturers. Smooth operating processes within the company allow us to predominantly focus on the quality and performance of the products and to offer our customers solutions suited to everyday problems and needs.