Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods. At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Research Associate "IT Security with focus on 5G/6G and Standardization" (m/f/d)
The position is initially for a period of 3 years with the option of a permanent position at a later date and is remunerated according to TV-L E-13.
Your responsibilities will include
- Analysis of threats, vulnerabilities and security risks in the area of 5G/6G systems
- Development of innovative IT security solutions to strengthen the trustworthiness of current and future mobile communication systems
- Supporting participation in 5G/6G standardization and specification bodies such as O-RAN ALLIANCE or ETSI.
We expect the following
- Above-average university degree and doctorate in the field of IT security
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent social and communication skills
- very good command of written and spoken English
- excellent and broad expertise in IT security, ideally related to 5G/6G
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.)
Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master thesis. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Sec. Standard” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Short profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen Institute is an independent research institute in Dresden, which works closely with the Technical University of Dresden and focuses on the core fields of the Internet of Things (IoT). The institute conducts application-oriented basic research with a time horizon of 5 to 10 years before market launch. As an innovation centre for IoT technologies, it is the contact for local and global industry.
In addition, the Barkhausen Institut attaches particular importance to the communication of research results and research methods. The discourse with the public about technological developments is part of the everyday work of all researchers.