Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Note: Please apply exclusively via our direct application link hosted by Empfehlungsbund and ITsax.de: https://en.itsax.de/jobs/203347/deputy-group-leader-wireless-connectivity-m-strich-f-strich-d-in-dresden. We are looking forward to meet you!
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods. At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Deputy Group Leader “Wireless Connectivity” (m/f/d)
The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years with the option of a permanent position thereafter and will be remunerated in accordance with the public remuneration level TV-L E-13.
Your responsibilities will include
- Group Development: You shape the strategic and technical orientation of your team and ensure the quality of the research work. In doing so, you contribute actively to group and interdisciplinary projects and implement the institute's strategy. Furthermore, you proactively develop cross-group interdisciplinary ideas for new third-party funded projects and coordinate the respective project application process.
- Acquisition of third-party funding: You contribute actively to group and interdisciplinary projects and implement the institute's funding strategy. You proactively develop cross-group interdisciplinary ideas for new third-party funded projects and coordinate the respective project application process.
- Performance supervision and advising: You facilitate the performance and personal development of our group members and help them strive for scientific and engineering excellence. You lay the foundation of a high level of motivation of your team. You give advice for technical problems of our group members.
- Engagement in Science Communication: In cooperation with our OpenLab team, you enable your team to explain research results in dialog with society, to take up suggestions and to develop ideas together.
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical Engineering) from renowned universities.
- Excellent and broad knowledge in the fields of Wireless Communications (including 5G and 6G).
- Special knowledge in at least two of the following domains:
- Joint Communications and Sensing
- Physical and MAC Layer Communications
- Radar Signal Processing
- Signal Processing
- Information Theory
- International publication track record, leadership skills, and experience in soliciting and managing externally funded projects.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- Challenging cutting-edge research topics
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Flat hierarchies and flexible teams for your ideas to soar.
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Your application should include: motivation letter explaining your decision to apply at the institute, CV, copy of university degree and PhD certificate, short summary of doctoral thesis, list of publications. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Please reference “Deputy WiCon” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Short profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen Institute is an independent research institute in Dresden, which works closely with the Technical University of Dresden and focuses on the core fields of the Internet of Things (IoT). The institute conducts application-oriented basic research with a time horizon of 5 to 10 years before market launch. As an innovation centre for IoT technologies, it is the contact for local and global industry.
In addition, the Barkhausen Institut attaches particular importance to the communication of research results and research methods. The discourse with the public about technological developments is part of the everyday work of all researchers.