Research Associate “Programming Language/Compiler Technology” (m/f/d) in Dresden
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institut performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow’s society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The Composable Operating Systems group at Barkhausen Institut is developing Ohua, a compiler for breaking apart sequential imperative code into pieces for safety, security and efficiency. We especially focus on the verification of the compiler’s correctness, i.e., the compiled result has the same semantics as the sequential imperative input code.
At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Research Associate (PhD or Postdoc) “Programming Language/Compiler Technology” (m/f/d)
The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years and will be remunerated in accordance with the public remuneration level TV-L E-13.
Your responsibilities will include
- Besides contributing your unique ideas, you will advance the Ohua codebase to support us in our vision of building secure and efficient platforms:
- Design and implementation within Ohua compiler codebase
- Adaptation of Ohua for separating code into microkernel-system components
- Development of use cases and IoT demonstrators
- Participation in writing research publications and project deliverables
- Engagement in Science Communication: In cooperation with our OpenLab team, you will participate in activities that aim to explain research results in dialog with society.
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Computer Science) from renowned universities.
- Knowledge in the following domains:
- Good programming skills in Haskell (OCaml) or Coq (Agda, Lean, Isabelle/HOL)
- Good knowledge of programming language design (type systems, operational semantics)
- Knowledge of compiler technology
- Knowledge of operating system principles and microkernels
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- Introduction and hands-on experience in certified software development (with Haskell and Coq)
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Influential work on upcoming technologies
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas to soar
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Your application should include: motivation letter explaining your decision to apply at the institute, CV, copy of university degree and PhD certificate, short summary of doctoral thesis, list of publications. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Please reference “Research Associate Ohua OS” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
This Job resp. positions as 'Research Associate “Programming Language/Compiler Technology” (m/f/d)' is vacant in following addresses: 01187 Dresden in Sachsen.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
8 days ago
Please refer to ITsax.de in your application
Publication date: 05-10-2022