Research Associate: Joint Communications and Radar Sensing (m/f/d)
Please apply here on „ITsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Wireless Connectivity group is developing a secure and dependable architecture for the Internet of Things (IoT) using Joint Communications and Radar Sensing.
We are looking for a Research Associate for Joint Communications and Sensing (m/f/d) to creatively pursue our research agenda. Besides sharing your unique ideas, you will work at investigating new signal processing techniques and medium access control protocols for both communications and radar applications, by means of theoretical work, computer simulations and hardware demonstrations.
- Design and development of physical-layer schemes and signal processing techniques for both communications and radar
- Computer simulation and investigation of proposed techniques
- Supporting the development of hardware demonstrators
- Participation in writing research publications and project deliverables
- Above-average MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical/Computer Engineering) from renowned universities
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python
- Knowledge of wireless communications theory
- Good knowledge of signal processing for radar and communications
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account.
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master/PhD thesis.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
Please refer to ITsax.de in your application
Publication date: 14-04-2021